This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the day. Chocolate Chips work well but it is also nice to us a really good bar of chocolate and chop the bar into random pieces. Some of the best chocolate I have ever worked with is Callebaut, American chocolate does not hold a candle to it’s quality and taste. To get more flavor out of your bread make sure you use very ripe bananas. Also, a nice idea is to buy small loaf pans, make this recipe in bulk, and freeze the bread for a hostess gift.
1 1/1 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the oil, bananas, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until just mixed in and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean or about 1 hour. If the loaf starts to brown too much turn the heat down on the oven and/or turn the oven off and keep the loaf in the oven until cooked.